How many volunteers does it take to turn Cherrywood Art Fair from idea to reality? Over 100! We love our volunteers and could not produce such a fantastic event without you! We need all kinds of volunteers and all ages. Opportunities are available for artist load-in and breakdown, greeters, artist booth spotters, silent auction cashiers, artist food services, decorating and general support usually in 2–3 hour shifts. But what do you get out of the deal?
- We’ll treat you to snacks in our Artists’ Lounge, and give you free admission to the Fair. (Oh wait, EVERYONE gets free admission to the Fair.)
- Great large event and non-profit experience for your resume
- A fabulous networking experience with people who do cool things
- Continue to get involved and make Austin the most fabulous city in the world!
- Being an official member of East Austin, Texas’ longest-running Art Fair
- Enjoy 89 creative makers + 7 local food purveyors +12 bands when you wrap up your shift!!
We also promise loads of good vibes, thanks, and unending appreciation for your participation. If you want to have a great time helping our staff produce the best holiday event in Austin, sign up today.
Note: The Cherrywood Art Fair will be open for business this weeekend – rain, sleet or shine! There is a chance of sleet/icy mix on Saturday but we are hoping the weather will not be as bad as predicted and that you can join us! About half of the fair is indoors and we’ll have heaters outdoors. Please check the weather and give yourself plenty of travel time. We’ll have lots of warm drinks and snacks and will try to rotate the outside volunteers often so that you can stay warm! We definitely want all of our volunteers to be safe and have fun. Remember those hats & gloves!
If you cannot arrive for your shift due to weather – please email email@example.com ASAP or text/call 206.755.2224.